Thursday, November 03, 2005

Get Ready For 2008!

Yup, it's starting to heat up. Well, not really, but possible candidates are already taking aim at key states. Several governors and Senators have made stops in the crucial state of Iowa, and everyone seems focused on the next Election like never before.

What I'm leading up to is this; three questions that I'd like your input on.



1: Who would be your "dream candidate" for '08?
2: Does it even seem important to you? Does anybody even care?
3: And do Republicans have any chance against Hillary?

Now for my answers . . .

1: I would love to see Condi Rice run. She's obviously brilliant, and seems to be a solid Conservative. She's a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment, which is very important. And I would like to see a woman President, just not a Clinton woman President. (Ann Coulter would also be good . . .)

2: It seems very important to me. This is possibly the most critical time in American history, and the last thing we need is someone who will take us backward instead of forward. We need a strong leader, not a Kerry-ish liberal who will take multiple stances depending on the political wind. We need someone who will say where they stand, and then stay where they stand.
And I think that the general public does care. This will be the first Election I'm old enough to vote in, so I am very interested.

3: I think Condi has a "fightin' chance."That being said, this Election quite possibly will come down to whether Hillary is loved more by her party than she is hated by the opposite one.

That's my opinion, and I'd like to hear yours; Liberals and Conservatives both.

|