Thursday, October 06, 2005

Assisted Suicide.

The Supreme Court is currently hearing arguments on this very divisive issue. The right to live or die has always been a hot-button issue.

I, for once, am torn on this particular issue. Those who know me personally and those who read my blog know that I am rarely without an opinion; but this is quite tricky. I don't believe in assisted suicide. Aside from being unconstitutional, it also brings up problems in cases such as that of Terri Schiavo and this.

That being said, I am also a huge proponent of states' rights. The Federal Government should not be given jobs, positions, or authority that belongs to the state and local government; that's what the major problem with Hurricane Katrina was. So when does the Government have the right to step in? I don't know.

|