Saturday, March 15, 2008

About my archives

Those of you who've known me since I began blogging at fifteen know that I used to be the ultimate neo-con Bushite. I did use to like Bush - I was 10 when he took office. While I was intensely interested in that election, I didn't have any kind of understanding of policy beyond the basic issues like abortion. September 11, 2001 came a few months after my 11th birthday. When I was 12, President Bush declared that Iraq was key in the War on Terror. I had no experience with, and little knowledge of foreign policy in a pre-9-11 world, so for the next four and a half years, I agreed.

Reading over my archived posts from that time, I see how much of my writing was uninformed, and some verging on stupid. But, I was young. I was living under the attitude if we didn't invade the entire Middle-East the terrorists would get us again. I like to think that my views today are more informed, perhaps more open-minded. At least I realize that open-mindedness can be a good thing.

Anyway, the point of this rather long-winded post is to say that my archives will stay up. Please realize that I have changed my opinions on a lot of things. I can't change who I was in the past, but hopefully you won't hold it against me today :).

|