Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Remember.



TIMMONS, BRUCE ALLAN
Name: Bruce Allan Timmons
Branch/Rank: United States Navy/E4
Unit: TF 115, PCF Division-102, USNAVFORV
Date of Birth: 20 July 1947
Home City of Record: FORT LAUDERDALE FL
Date of Loss: 15 November 1966
Country of Loss: South Vietnam
Loss Coordinates: 0 0
Status (in 1973): Killed In Action/Body Not Recovered


Well, you're probably wondering why I posted this. Here's how it is. We are currently doing some cleaning. I came across my Mom's old POW bracelet. I wondered what happened to him, and decided to try to find him. It only took a quick search on AskJeeves.com to find this website. It just happened to turn out that he wasn't one of the ones who had a happy ending. It just got me to thinking how many people are still over there. All that haven't come home alive from Vietnam yet have been declared "presumed dead," but that doesn't mean their bodies have been found, and there is some chance that some of them are even still alive. But just think about it - over 30 years later - and their families still don't have closure. I am just posting this to remind everyone, myself included, to remember those left behind. Not just in Vietnam, but in WWII, The Korean War, Vietnam and The Gulf War. Always remember.

|