Friday, November 25, 2005

MORE regulations on everyday life?

ASPCA Wants Law Regulating Owners of Multiple Pets.

Alright, here's what I think.

First of all, I do not support cruelty to animals in any way. I don't support dog-fighting pits or puppy mills or anything like that, and people who run such operations should be subject to the penalties.

But I do not support this. The government has control over way too many aspects of everyday life. Giving them the legal ability to control how many pets we can have is taking it too far. I am one here who strongly believes that the Feds should be more like quiet observers, stepping in when they have to, and nothing more than that. And more laws is exactly what we DON'T need. Besides, who wants the government regulating their pets of all things? This is definitely not something I support.

|