Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, today I thought I'd have a change of pace. When I was younger, my siblings and I used to make "Thanks Trees"(construction paper trees with my thanks written on the leaves, in case you didn't know) and hang them on the door around Thanksgiving. Well, I suppose I'm a little old for that, so here is my "Thanks post."

I'm thankful that I'll be eating Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents' house with family instead of at a homeless shelter with a bunch of strangers in Mississippi.

I'm thankful that after the meal, I have a home to come back to.

I'm thankful for my pets :)

I'm very thankful that I'm able to go to church every Saturday and not be persecuted.

I'm thankful that my church isn't a grass hut in Africa or a tiny hidden room in a Communist dictatorship.

I'm thankful that I can choose to go to church, I am not forced to by the government.

I'm thankful that our guys and gals overseas are sacrificing their Thanksgiving and much more to keep us safe.

I'm thankful to live in the South :)

But most of all . . .

I am very thankful to have been born in the United States of America.

God Bless America!

Happy Thanksgiving!

|