Saturday, June 03, 2006

Some questions.

I haven't done this in a while, but since the Midterm Elections are coming up and there seems to be a lot going on politically, here are some random questions to debate.

1: What do you think the Government should do about Immigration? Amnesty? Deportation? Criminalization? Don't really care?

2: Is the press thinking and talking about the '08 Election too soon? Will the issue be so tired by the time 2008 actually comes that people won't get out and vote?

3: Do the Democrats or Republicans have a "culture of corruption"? If so, who's worse?

4: Should gay "marriage" be banned by a Constitutional ammendment? Why or why not?

OK, now for my answers:

1: I'm for deportation and criminalization, personally. And I'm sick of people talking about racism. This isn't about race, it's about laws. I am very disappointed with Bush and Amnesty. Amnesty is just encouraging people to break our laws. People who come here legally have to wait 10 years or more sometimes, but people who break our laws get free everything and have to wait considerably less time? Doesn't add up.

2: Hmm. Not really. Politicians who are obviously setting up an '08 run tire the issue more than the press. I for one am getting sick and tired of some Senator from New York trying to represent and "speak for" me. She's not the President yet.

3: Hmm again. There is probably more corruption in politics in general than we care to know, but I don't think that it would be fair to say there's a Culture of it. Both sides (maybe more Democrats) have their faults about this, but it would be silly for me to group all politicians together.

4: I don't know. I am a big proponent of State's rights. I think this might be an issue best left up to the states (First and second ammendment rights are another thing, though.) That being said, gay marriage isn't Constitutional. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was left up to the States, but I wouldn't mind an ammendment, either. Sorry if I'm talking like John Kerry here.

|