Saturday, April 01, 2006

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

I was 11. The above picture is me (left) and Rebekah about then.

I was sleeping late and I heard Mom turn on the TV and exclaim. She had turned it on a few minutes after the second plane hit. I still remember the towers smoking. I remember very clearly when they fell, one right after another, and how mad I was, and how much I wanted to get the people responsible. I watched the news coverage for the next week. I saw when we declared war on the Taliban, and later Iraq. I saw our President standing in the rubble.

My question is this; Does anybody else remember this? All I hear on the media is complaining that the war is taking too long. And what really makes me mad, I hear our soldiers compared to those same terrorists who knocked down those towers. And mocking from liberal circles when Bush dares mention September 11th. And all I can think is: Do they remember?

|