Saturday, December 10, 2005

Iran to Produce Nuclear Fuel

QUOTE:
TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's top nuclear official said Saturday that his country will enrich uranium and produce nuclear fuel despite the U.S.-led international campaign to persuade it to abandon such ambitions.
Gholamreza Aghazadeh, head of the Atomic Organization of Iran, gave no date for when the processes would start but stressed they would do so at some stage.
"For me, there is no doubt that the process of producing nuclear fuel in Iran will be accomplished," Aghazadeh told a news conference. "There is no doubt that we have to carry out uranium enrichment."

END QUOTE.

I'd like to hear your opinions on what should be done. I personally don't know. I haven't researched the subject at all, and who knows? Maybe all we can do is being done.

Either way, it does make me nervous. Iran is obviously a growing threat, and I don't think that Iran's president would hesitate to nuke us if he had the capabilities (we know he'd like to destroy Israel) and he seems quite intent on getting those capabilities. I just don't know.

|